North Carolina, Greensboro
Job Category: Perception Engineer
Job Id: 1982
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
You will be designing and developing software that will perceive the surrounding scene with Camera, Thermal, Ultrasonic, or LiDAR sensors. (Major sensors are LIDAR and Cameras)
- D., MS, bachelor (if bachelor, +2 years experience) in computer vision, 3D point cloud processing, robotics, machine learning, or related field, or with equivalent industrial experience
- Solid programming skills (e.g. C++, python)
- Demonstrated ability to build real-time algorithms
Required Knowledge and experiences
- Theoretical understanding of object detection, segmentation, graphical methods, probabilistic algorithms, optimization, and deep learning
- 3D point cloud-based algorithms (e.g. segmentation, filtering, surface estimation/fitting, interpolation/extrapolation)
- At least one publication to conferences among these conferences (RSS, ICRA, IROS, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, AAAI, or ICML)
- Computer vision knowledge
- Deep learning techniques (e.g. PyTorch)
- Large scale public datasets (e.g. KITTI / nuscene / waymo )
- Well-versed in ROS
- Hands-on experiences on autonomous vehicles or ground wheel robots
- Outdoor applications
- Different types of sensors (e.g. camera, radar, IMU)
- Embedded systems