Florida, De Leon Springs
Job Category: Systems Engineer - Aerospace
Job Id: 2073
Salary Range: $85,000-$115,000
Location: On-site in De Leon Springs, FL, 9/80 schedule
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Systems analysis and design experience
- Detailed requirements development
- Allocate, deploy, and manage internal and external stakeholder/customer, system, and subsystem level requirements
- Manage changes to requirements, troubleshoot conflicts and understand impacts
- Support risk assessments and develop risk mitigation
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents
- Support development of Whitepapers and Bid and Proposal opportunities
- Prepare system engineering and specialty engineering CDRL's
- Support development of functional, operational, physical, and interface block diagrams
- Perform trade studies, investigate alternatives and provide recommendations
- Integrate into small, high-performing engineering team
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), preferably Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering
- 4+ years related experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience with the Jama Connect modern requirements management tools
- Familiar with Jira for issue tracking, support for Agile development methodologies, collaborating with Agile teams and support of team demonstrations
- CMMI, AS 9100 and ISO 900 process development experience
- Requires a high level of professional knowledge and skills to resolve product, process, and system design.
- Applied hands-on implementation expertise in product systems engineering, Jama Connect use, system requirements derivation.
- Ability to properly manage customer expectations and clearly understand their requirements.
- Must be able to support preparation of proposals for potential opportunities to such degree that a positive match between company's capabilities and customer's requirements are achieved.