Embedded Software Engineer
Seattle , Washington
Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Id: 4042
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· This position will be working with a small team of software engineers to get the system fully operational.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
· Experience development software in a Linux dev environment and for targets running Linux
· Experience with RTOS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Strong experience in test automation tool development using Python
· Experience in real-time data collection for organizing, processing/compression, retrieving and storing data.
· Experience with heterogenous data collection over Ethernet.
· Strong knowledge of software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience communicating with end users/customers and technical teams.
· Experience with hardware/software integration on embedded platforms.
· Experience with real time OS & Linux for platform.
· Experience testing user space application, command line interface and shell scripting
· Experience writing unit tests and integration tests leveraging open source Junit, GoogleTest, Pytest test framework for QA automation
· Experience in testing/debugging on target hardware and simulated environment
· Proven expertise in writing code
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong tasks management skills
· Self-starter, proactive in work
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Proficient in TCP/UDP/PTP networking protocols, Secure OpenSSL, Websockets.
· Experience investigating and prototyping new technologies and frameworks.
· Experience with AWS S3 bucket.
· Strong debugging skills is a plus.
· Experience in a DevOps is a plus.
· Open Source experience preferred.
· Communication is important, written, and oral.
· Passion for QA and automation
· Knowledge of current and upcoming QA technologies/frameworks
· Understand performance and scalability testing
· Understanding of continuous integration and build concept
Note: This position is on-site Seattle, WA
Salary Range: $125,000-175,000
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.