Embedded Systems Software Engineer
Lafayette , Colorado
Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Id: 3972
Status: Full-Time - Hybrid
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Design, implement, and test databases and interfaces for embedded medical devices.
· Own data design and roadmap across multiple medical devices and related products.
· Optimize solutions for reliability, efficiency and performance.
· Design for data security and authenticity concerns.
· Troubleshoot and identify database and interface issues.
· Create documentation throughout the development process.
· Commit to achieving and exceeding project goals and timelines.
· Perform duties in compliance with the Quality System.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· 5+ years experience with data storage design on an embedded device, in a Linux development environment.
· 3+ years experience with C++ in a Linux development environment.
· Experience with SQLite or equivalent.
· Experience selecting and tuning file systems and storage management.
· Experience designing and implementing an embedded software logging mechanism.
· Working knowledge of software development best practices.
· Experience with encryption and data protection.
· Background in data science and analytics.
· Medical device experience.
Salary Range: $110k - $145k
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Location: Onsite/Hybrid in Louisville, CO
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.