Sr. RF Engineer
Broomfield , Colorado | Denver , Colorado | Westminster , Colorado | Boulder , Colorado | Lakewood , Colorado | Louisville , Colorado | Arvada , Colorado | Longmont , Colorado | Lafayette , Colorado
Job Category: Electrical Engineering
Job Id: 3262
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be responsible for antenna designs from initial concept through requirements definition, topology selection, detailed design, analysis, optimization, manufacturing, testing, qualification, and in-orbit support of the products.
- Present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts.
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Physics from an accredited university or institution.
- 6 years of industry or university research experience in antenna design, analysis, optimization, fabrication, and test.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with a Masters degree. More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience in designing, simulating, building, and testing high-frequency antennas made in printed circuit board (PCB) processes.
- Expert-level proficiency in 3D electromagnetic simulation tools such as CST or HFSS.
- Strong experience with EDA tools such as Altium.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Antenna design in frequency bands above 20 GHz.
- Phased array design and development.
- Aerospace electronics design, development, and qualification.
- EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Salary Range: $115,000-$180,000
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.