Indianapolis , Indiana
Job Category: Control Systems Engineer
Job Id: 3027
Position: Control Systems Engineer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Schedule: Hybrid/Remote/On site
Duration: 12-month contract engagement. Annualized salary and benefits are offered for the duration of the contract through Alten Technology (medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, etc.). There is a strong possibility that this contract will be extended beyond the initial contract length.
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Specialize in developing control system interface requirements, modelling the interfaces and integration of control systems on various platforms.
- Define aircraft interfaces in collaboration with aircraft customer, whole engine engineers, and control system component engineers.
- Drive planning for and compliance to design gate reviews, ensuring control system definition and lifecycle documentation meets the progression criteria.
- Define control system requirements at multiple levels of the requirements hierarchy, ensuring traceability, validation & verification coverage, and safety considerations are appropriately documented.
- Identify and execute verification and integration of the engine control and monitoring system, generating results documentation and working to define and close problem reports stemming from the verification.
- Review systems engineering work products for quality and completeness of technical content.
- Resolve complex problems by selecting solutions through the application of system engineering methodology, documented with evidence for the conclusions.
- Exchange complex technical ideas and information in a concise and logical way
- The role is responsible for meeting the Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems (ARP4754A) or Defense equivalent, and delivering the work products necessary for evidence.
- Work in project teams with colleagues in other branches of engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience with and application of agile development methods for product development.
- Experience with industry standard certification processes.
- Demonstrated experience with control system design and analysis tools.
- Comfortable working occasionally in gas turbine engine test cell environment.
- Gas turbine engine controls experience or propulsion control system experience a plus
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.