3D Process Engineer
Little Rock , Arkansas
Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Id: 2912
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in the development of processes and methods related to the efficient use of 3D definition from Spec & Design through customer support organization (end to end) within the aircraft completion cycle.
- Participate in studies and projects to achieve cost and cycle reductions through analysis of processes, and manufacturing technologies.
- Work in a collaborative process with personnel from Engineering, Production, Manufacturing, Quality, Industrial Planning, MIS and Program Management to achieve goals and objectives.
- Assist in defining processes and methods to drive the efficient use of 3D data within the facility.
- Participate in manufacturing processes improvement projects centered on the uses of numerical processes, digital continuity (3D end to end processes) an/or new and innovative technologies.
- Analyze manufacturing and assembly practices and proposed improvement opportunities to increase quality, reduce costs and lead time.
- Perform studies/evaluation on new industrial technologies and application within completions.
- Perform selective audits to determine if procedures/written instructions are correct and complied with. Coordinate with Quality Assurance on process control activities.
- Assist in the development of corrective action plans as needed to support the end-to-end process.
- Perform special assignments as directed by supervision.
- Both normal office conditions and manufacturing environments.
- Employee will be subject to normal machining environment to confer with machinists and must not be allergic to machining dust, particles. Cannot be sensitive to manufacturing noise (riveting, drilling, machining, aircraft engines running, etc.)
- Work in machining/manufacturing environment wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical) or related subject area but will also consider years of applicable experience and/or continued education in lieu of degree.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and MS Project.
- CATIA V5 (basic design) or SolidWorks knowledge.
- Must be able to work long periods (8 hours) at a computer terminal with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to function throughout total facility, including up and down stairs and in and out of aircraft with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to stand, kneel or crouch with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be detail oriented and proactive problem solver.
- Must have good technical writing skills.
- Must have knowledge of general manufacturing and fabrication processes.
- Ability to effectively organize aspects of methods and information as they relate to manufacturing processes.
- Process mapping and writing methodology documents.
- Project management, action planning and execution.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings and small project teams.
- Understanding of NC machine code applications.
- Knowledge of SQL or VBA code development or programming.
- Ability to prepare creative presentations and sell proposals to customers and management.
- Knowledge of work element breakdown and statistical analysis.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.