Energy & Life Science
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Job Category: Project Engineer Manager
Job Id: 2889
ALTEN who we are…
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and coordinate preliminary collection system, substation, and transmission design, as well as electrical and civil design basis of assigned wind, PV, and BESS projects.
- Facilitate preliminary engineering design activities including geotechnical, hydrology and electrical studies.
- Serve as technical interface/lead with respective teams, including Development, Permitting, Interconnection, Estimating, Procurement, Resource Assessment and Project Management teams.
- Coordinate design optimization and identify cost and other improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with the project implementation team for smooth transition from development to construction and as needed during the execution phase.
- Execute project engineering management task for project in implementation and construction. Coordinate detailed engineering and work closely with construction team.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical (preferred), civil or mechanical engineering.
- Good understanding of PV, Storage and/or Wind technology, preferably solar.
- Previous experience of 3+ years on renewable energy projects is required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage several projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Pro-active, flexible, and autonomous.
- Highly motivated self-starter and good team player.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with varied interest and background.
- Familiarity with solar plant equipment including PV modules, Inverters, Trackers.
- Experience reviewing civil, structural, or electrical engineering design packages.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.