Boulder , Colorado
Job Category: Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Job Id: 2856
Position: Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Location: On-site in Boulder, CO
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the controls and automation systems used in production.
- Support the existing PLC, HMI, Robots, conveyors, bag labelers, and sensors on the Vial Wash and Fill lines.
- Work with the team to update the automation used in making SIOS Cartridge for the Analyzers and complete the automation development for the StAT apparatus.
- Be responsible for the OEE metrics by collecting data using OPC UA and generating Tableau reports.
- Become familiar with the production processes and provide input for additional automation projects to the leadership team.
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Beckoff PLCs.
- Experience with Robotics and SolidWorks are required.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience with FANUC and Universal Robotics are preferred.
- Familiarity with OEE Metrics
- Familiarity with Tableau reports
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.