Westminster , Colorado
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering Intern - Summer 2023
Job Id: 2463
*This internship opportunity is in-person and will be located in our Westminster office in Colorado*
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth.
Through an internship with ALTEN Technology USA you will experience and be exposed to a wide variety of tasks and projects that will help expose you to the inner workings of your field and prepare you for a professional future. You will work directly with senior members of the team on both internal and potentially external projects. Tasks you may experience during the summer include:
- CAD design (SolidWorks or Creo): work with client models or start from scratch, designing models to be used for prototyping and production
- Brainstorming: help develop innovative solutions for projects across the company
- Engineering calculations (MathCAD): leverage experience in courses such as solid mechanics, fluids, component design, and heat transfer to influence design decisions and material selection
- Analysis/simulation: use tools including Solidworks Simulation and Femap with NX NASTRAN to analyze problems not easily solved by hand (structural, thermal, and fluid simulations)
- Component research/selection
- Prototype fabrication, assembly, and testing
You won’t be alone at any point – a senior member of the project team will check-in regularly to make sure you're getting the most out of your experience, and you’ll also have a representative from the Internship Committee who you can turn to for anything you may need. All of our employees love to help each other out – the entire company is your support crew.
- Completed junior year (or higher) by the start of the internship; recent graduates and graduate students strongly encouraged to apply as well
- CAD experience (SolidWorks or CREO)
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis preferred
- Have past hands-on experience with mechanical systems and tools preferred
- Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to approach complex problems and learn new things.
- $20 - $25 an hour dependent on education level and experience.
NOTE: Due to our work in aerospace and defense industries, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
This job posting does not constitute a contract of employment and ALTEN may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.