California, San Francisco
Job Category: Electrical Test Engineer
Job Id: 2181
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop test strategy, test requirements, and test specifications for electrical assemblies and circuit boards
- Design and build manufacturing test systems
- Work directly with and manage external firms that are developing and building outsourced testers
- Deploy test systems at our pilot manufacturing facilities to validate and improve the ability to capture quality issues earlier in the build process
- Deploy test systems at our manufacturing partners as we launch our product into higher volume production
- Collaborate with product design engineers to incorporate test methodologies into designs to improve manufacturability, increase yield, and reduce cost
- Perform test coverage analysis and drive test coverage improvements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, or a similar engineering field
- A minimum of 3 years’ industry experience working full-time
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Hands-on experience working as an electrical engineer or new product introduction (NPI) engineer developing and realizing complex electrical testers for manufacturing. Your experience is a mix of hardware and software, you’re able to talk in detail about what, why, and how a tester design works
- A strong understanding of I/O types, analog, digital, communication buses
- Experience developing testing system documentation, including test requirements, schematics, diagrams, etc.
- A “collaborate-first” mindset and have successfully communicated across a range of teams and personalities
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, or a similar engineering field, with at least three years of industry work experience
- Bonus points: Experience with design validation testing, including developing test plans and executing testing