Florida, De Leon Springs
Job Category: Electrical Engineer II
Job Id: 2042
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Design, model, simulate and test complex electronic circuits, subsystems and systems.
- Assist engineering with design modification or electronic subsystems and systems for development efforts.
- Create schematic drawings and support PCB design, layout and routing of sub-assemblies and systems.
- Support designs with analysis simulations and calculations using spice and MATLAB.
- Prepare documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
- Conduct complex in-house tests, direct and guides or mentors other Engineers.
- Apply risk, failure analysis, and root cause analysis as required within the engineering discipline.
- Resolve product process and system issues; provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate ECN’s; and formulate cost impacts.
- Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- Maintaining Development and Production Bill of Material for Obsolescence.
- Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- Travel and participation in product field tests.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience preferably in an Engineering Department.
- Experience/familiarity with simulation (LTSpice or equivalent) and computational programs (MATLAB preferred).
- Experience working with microcontrollers, digital signal processors(DSPs), and field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs),
- Experience with generating Electrical design documentation, and technical reports.
- Must possess a strong theoretical background and experience with applied hands-on implementation expertise in electronic design, simulation, modeling, analysis, and test.
- Hands-on experience with development, building and testing of electronic assemblies and systems.
- Knowledge of digital and analog design including amplifiers, analog and digital interfacing, time and frequency domain filtering, sampling theorem, aliasing, programmable logic, low power design.
- Must show high initiative, be self-motivated, and have ability to act independently on technical matters
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams).
- Must be willing/able to travel to and participate in field tests.
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.