South Carolina, Anderson
Job Category: Assembly Engineer
Job Id: 1985
Anderson, South Carolina
Workplace type: Onsite / Hybrid
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
- Follows HSE and ergonomics standards and rules
- Follows up design and realization of assembly equipment (serial or prototyping) according to customer requirements, project specifications (costs, timing, quality), assembly standards/best practices and HSE/ergonomics requirements
- Ensures proper equipment handover to the plant (performance convergence, training for plant team)
- Participates in technical knowledge improvement of assembly technologies domain and in lessons learnt for projects under his/her responsibility.
- Participates in the conception of the assembly process and equipment with EPM, MPM and associated extended team,
- Supports MPM/IPM for technical choices in order to improve the process.
- Establishes technical and economic analysis of suppliers’ offers, together with purchasing department, in order to select the best solution,
- Follows up the Design and the realization of assembly equipment including:
- Realizes functional specifications regarding project elements and standard elements,
- Validates equipment study (Including supervision of FMEA), ergonomics study and the choice of possible solutions
- Updates/adapts former feasibility study and technical choices if needed (Perimeter changes)
- Validates equipment in supplier workshop, fine tune the equipment in the plant and ensure smooth transfer to plant team
- Ensures the tuning of the equipment is properly done following instructions given by EPM/MPM, in order to converge to the product conformity,
- Validates necessary documentation for each equipment,
- Analyses results of actions plan, of validation plan and risk plans
- Participates in capability validation for each equipment,
- Participates in lessons learnt activities, productivity projects… led in the assembly department
- Bachelor degree with experience or mechanical engineering master degree
- Experience with Assembly Robot/ PLC